Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Neighbours

No, not this kind, the kind that live by you. And share walls with you. And play their guitar and stereo loud enough to wake you up at 3am. 3AM! In the morning! The middle of the night!

We only moved in five weeks ago, and the loud music has happened a couple of times before, but that was earlier in the night, around midnight, and for only a short while, which is still annoying, but I can let that go. We've had much, much worse than that in the past. Only last night, 3am the music starts, then the guitar, then the singing along. She woke me up, and then she woke Mr Librarian up. So we lay there for a while, quietly seething, holding our breath in between songs in the vain hope that she'd turned it off/down/the stereo had exploded. After 20 minutes, Mr Librarian says "Maybe I should go down and say something". I say "maybe". He says "What would I say?". I say " How about 'Shut the f*** up bitch?' or ' Oi lady, turn your stupid music down' or 'It's 3am, are you KIDDING?'". He says "Hmmm". We decide against going down, 'cus who's going to open their door at 3.25 in the AM? After another 20 minutes, I have super had enough and go down to complain. I stomp very loudly down the stairs, and ring her doorbell. No answer. I can hear her in there, moving around, but no big surprise, like I say, who's going to open their door at (now) 3.45 in the AM?

Anyway, long story short, Mr L resorts to earplugs, and I fall back asleep just after 4.

And do you know what? Our neighbour? A teacher in her 50's. Lady, you should know better.

No comments: