Thursday, February 16, 2006

Cluck. Part One.

Whilst reading his, please bear in mind that the ladies involved in this, were also involved in this. We are also mostly librarians. We like to plan. Mostly to take over the world, mwah ha haaaa. Did I say that out loud? The following has been taken from various emails sent today, entirely in work time. Names have been changed to protect the librarian sisterhood.

From: Me
To: Bookish Barbara & Miss S.

Okay, here are my musings on the Hen Night.
1. Check into hotel as soon as we can. Mrs S wants an afternoon nap, I want my moneys worth :)
2. Get ready, with at least 2 changes of outfit per person, whilst drinking lots* and having a mini buffet like at Booky B's. Lots of M&S small food. Yum.
3. Go for a few drinks, meet the others who aren't staying in the hotel (fools!). Possibly go for cocktails* in that swanky bar that I went to with Mrs D although they are £6/7 a pop, yet are huge and delicious. Classy.
4. Go and shake our moneymakers at the student union. Not so classy.
5. Get back to hotel, sleep/be sick/steal toiletries.
6. For those who want to, go for breakfast/lunch (ooh I mean 'brunch' don't I?) at Eat and 2 Veg. Mmm.
7. Go home
* = Not my non-drinking sister. Boo!

How's that sound?

From: Booky B
To: Me & Miss S

I had an email about my friend Crazy Hen's (note: this is not her real name) hen night which is on the 12th of never (note: these are not the real dates) and it sounds hideous. It's in a galaxy far far away (note: this is not the real venue) for a start, and they want everyone to dress in pink and pay £15 each to hire a pink limo, and go to some hideous meat market to get mawled. And as I'm missing the wedding I can't really miss it. Agh! Your plan sounds much better Lady L!

From: Miss S
To: Me & Booky B

Ok - I'll leave booking the hotel to you - but anything else and I'm your girl. Balloons, banners and glitter are mspecialtyty!

To be continued....

2 comments:

Bookish Barbara said...

I can't believe the Hen night (and indeed W) is less than 3 months away and we have only just started planning. Lady L, you should have told us sooner! You'll only get an L plate and some novelty condoms at this rate. Genius takes time.

Nb, this whole W thing has shown a whole new side of Lady L that nobody had seen before - keeping the biggest secret in the whole world for weeks!! I am natuarally suspicious when she denies things now...

AB said...

I think you'll find it's less than 2 months away, do turn up on the right day Booky B.