Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Party Hard

I'm trying to put together some 'tunes' for the party the day after the wedding. For my first selection I was thinking I'd go all 1996, you know, the year we met, and also the year of some damn fine music. The last time I made a CD for a wedding party it almost sent me over the edge. And my friend spent three weeks before his 40th birthday putting together his perfect party mix. So, in order to ease the pain this time round, any suggestions? What makes a good party song?

There are just a few pointers:
  • No Coldplay/Travis/Embrace/any group with whingy front man/woman.
  • No swearing in the song! My mum and dad will be there!
  • If we are to dance to it, please bear in mind that we will be drunk and in ridiculously high heels.
  • If we are to dance to it, and there's a routine that goes with it, all the better!
  • No sad songs to make the maudlin' drunks cry.
  • Songs which mention weddings will get you bonus points. Well, they would if there was a point system going on here. Which there isn't, becuase I'm not Tesco Clubcard.
  • Songs that mention librarians get 1,000 extra bonus points. Maybe I should set up a points system.
  • Did I mention no Coldplay? I mean it!
  • Booky B, I am not playing 5 hours non-stop The Darkness.
  • Take your cue from the Last FM link over there.

Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Bookish Barbara said...

Hah. Well can we at least have "I believe in a thing called love"? I do believe that mentions the L word and as it's your wedding and all...

And Take That or Steps always get me on the dance floor :-)