Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Grumpy girl

Ooh, I'm in a grump today! If you see a growly librarian on your way home, don't be scared, it's only me.

I was temporarily lifted from my grump by three songs on my way to work this morning. Even though I had chosen them myself on the old MP3 player less than forty minutes previously, as my short-term memory is rubbish I was totally suprised when they came on, and I'm glad I was 'cus it right proper cheered me up.

And those songs are:

1. Pearl Jam - Jeremy. I noticed this morning that it is impossible to sing along to this without doing the growly Eddie Vedder voice. Even when I was just singing along in my head I was doing it. A bit like how whenever you sing along to Guns'n'Roses you have to do the Axl voice.

2.Terrorvision - Pretend Best Friend. I love Terrorvision, they make me laugh so much! This song in particular cheers me up as it reminds me not only of the time that I tried to pursuade my sister to do something for me by performing a dance outside her bedroom to this song over and over until she caved in, but also of seeing Terrorvision at the Reading Festival when Tony Terrorvision was so drunk that he fell over sideways (like the leaning tower of Pisa) half way through this song, stood up looking a bit confused, in a 'where am I?' kinda way, shouted 'waaayyyyyy' then carried on where he had left off with the singing. Class. It was so funny. I guess you had to be there.

3. Mighty Mighty Bosstones - The Impression That I Get. There's nothing like a bit of ska-lite to help you start the working day.

Fantastic!

No comments: