Thursday, May 05, 2005

Hunting high and low

Ahh! What is the name of the other bloke in A-ha? You know, the one who isn't Morton or Pal.

I've been off work ill this past couple of days and I keep seeing the advert on TV for 'The Definitive' A-ha. Get them, no 'Best of' or 'Greatest' for these 80's pop gods. The definitive. And it didn't even bother me until today when I heard The Killers new single, and I thought, "this synth-drumming is worthy of A-ha" and then I thought of Morton, and had a little giggle that Pal's name is Pal (who would name their child after dog food?) and then realised that I couldn't remember the other chaps name. This either means that a) I'm losing my mind at the age of 28 or b) I wasn't paying enough attention to Smash Hits! in the 80's.

Now I know that I could google them and make my life easier, as it's now five hours since I first realised that I have a mid-80's blank. Maybe I'm just trying to forget the sight of looking over my back garden fence and seeing both my next door neighbours wearing identical pink floral puff ball skirts. Anyway, I will not give in to the google! I will remember!

Think, brain, think!

1 comment:

Bookish Barbara said...

It was Mags (Magne in full) - as I got older I decided I fancied him more than Morten, he is lovely. Sadly I bought one of the latest A-ha albums only a year or so ago and it was great, not quite the highs of Take on me but still poptastic