Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Are you there God? It's me, Lady Librarian

Dear God,

Hi. Yes, I know I only get in touch when I want something, but this time it's really important, and also not just for me. Not like the time when I prayed that the fabulous Antoni & Allison coat would get reduced in the January sales (thanks for that by the way). Also it's not like the time when I was 10 and it was raining so hard and I asked you to send my mum to pick me up from school in the car (and thanks for that too, I'd be even shorter than I already am if I had subjected my growing body to that amount of rain).

This time, I am asking, praying, begging you to intervene in this whole 'Olympics' hoo-haa. Please, give it to Paris, Madrid, the moon, anywhere, just not London. Seriously. I do not want to be paying extra tax for this for the next seven years. I do not want every news bulletin for the next seven years to be talking about the 'o' word.
I do not want Hackney Marshes to be built on. I do not want another repeat of the dome. Do you hear me? And most importantly I do not want to be fighting my way through even more clueless tourists everytime I want to go anywhere (come on people, I brought a map when I visited you, could you please return the favour?)

Come on god, don't let us down at 12.46pm BST,

Yours in hope,

Lady Librarian

P.S. If you can't do something about the Olympics, could you at least do something about how frumpy I look today? What's going on there? I was aiming for sassy Librarian chic and somehow ended up with aging, plump maiden aunt trying to look fashionable. Help!

No comments: