Saturday, July 30, 2005

Sit down next to me

I'm taking the advice of James and I'm sitting down. Well of course I am now, I mean when I go to gigs.

I've being going to gigs ever since I made my dad take me to see these guys for my 12th birthday. That's 16 years of gig going people, and I'd say for about 75% of those 16 years, I haven't been able to see the band. I stupidly and stubbornly insist on standing, 'cus it's "cooler", it's "closer to the band", but do you know what? No more!


After going to "see" The Cat Empire last week it took me three days to fully recover from standing on my tip-toes for the best part of two hours. So, no more will I be paying a fortune to see I band (and sword swallower!) that I don't actually get to see, no more will I be standing behind a 6ft 5 man, no more will I be standing behind snogging couple, and no more will I be getting smacked in the face by people's elbows. So I'm taking it up them stairs to the balcony people, I'm going along with the whole sitting downness at gigs thing. When this first occurred to me I thought it made me sensible, but then I had a panic and thought it might just make me old. And so far four whole people who are older than me have agreed that it is the way forward. Maybe I'll give standing just one more chance...

No comments: