Tuesday, July 12, 2005

People power

Well, there I was checking out the XFM website when I found this, their voting list for The Greatest Indie Band Of All Time, and to my horror I discovered that James Dean Bradfield had been missed off the singers list! So I sent this email:

Dear XFM list makers,

Imagine my horror at checking out your (so called) 'The Greatest Indie Band Of All Time!' only to discover that James Dean Bradfield was not in your greatest singers list! How can you justify having Pete 'barely conscious' Doherty on there and Chris 'whinger' Martin and miss out James 'yes, I did eat all the pies but listen to my beautiful voice' Dean Bradfield off? And the bassist from The Magic Numbers? And please don't get me started on Meg White in the best drummer category. If you look closely at her you can see her sticking her tongue out of the corner of her mouth as she concentrates really hard on beating that Fisher Price 'My first drum kit'.

I fear that you have gotten over excited at the prospect of an Indie Supergroup and have made that list in haste, and I urge you to reconsider.

Yours, in a right old state,

Lady Librarian

and got this back in reply (straight away!)

The last thing we want is to get our listeners in a state. 'Right old' or otherwise. Consider him added. Just don't try to persaude us to include Shaun in the drummer catagory. ;-)

Xfm

and now he's on there! Yey! People power!

No comments: