Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Pretend Celebrity Boyfriends

(That is, celebrities that are pretend boyfriends, and not boyfriends that are pretend celebrities.)

So, in PCB news, despite looking dapper in a hat, Lovely Ewan has been relegated to the subs bench. It was a hard decision, but something I'd been considering since the final 'beard' moments of the new Star Wars. Lovely Ewan with beard in real life round the world on a motorbike epic = handsome and rugged, Lovely Ewan with beard in new Star Wars = old man beard that probably has bread crumbs in it. Or crumbs of whatever it is that a Jedi snacks on. Also all this 'Guys and Dolls' whoo-haa. When will I ever get to pretend see him? I'm not paying West End theatre ticket prices just to go and get my L.E. fix. No sirree. I'll just go home and re-watch Velvet Goldmine. So he joins Dave Foo (crime: getting married to someone other than me) and Alex Franz (crime: getting his fringe cut)back on the bench.


So, laydeez and gennulmen, my new pretend celebrity boyfriend is (drum roll.......) James Dean Bradfield! Check out the second row, second picture from the right. Phwoar! Yes, I'm going back to my first ever serious P.C.B. It's been quite a while since I was pretend involved with him, what with the on going fued with my friend Essex Librarian over who gets to marry him first, but listening to the Manics this morning on the way to work reminded me how much I pretend love him. That voice! Such passion! He makes my knees go weak. You can keep your Nicky Wire with his fancy frocks and love of Dysons, and you can keep your drummer Sean with his 'one haircut behind the rest of the band' hair, I heart James Dean Bradfield the most. And he'll have plenty of time for me, he's not showing off in some play, or touring, or being in the news. Although I have just noticed that Muppets Christmas Carol isn't in his top ten films. Hmm, we'll see about that one.

No comments: